Our summer camp, for rising seniors, is a focused yet relaxed way to write a superb college application. Finish your application during one week in August and face the college application process feeling on top of things and in-control. Learn how to put your best foot forward, and how to avoid “red flags” that can ruin an otherwise stellar application. I limit the camp to eight students, and you will get feedback on everything you write. There is homework.
In the past, camp weeks have filled up early. This year, because of the school schedule, there are only four weeks of camp rather than five. We are expecting to have a wait list and may open a second location if there is enough interest. Nancy Levonian is the lead teacher. Paul Rivas, who has been working with me for three years, will be the lead teacher at the second location, TBD. Charlotte Graham of 360 Degree speaking teaches Interviewing Techniques.
Camp is five days (Monday – Friday).
2018 Dates Status
July 30 – August 3 (Mon-Fri) OPEN
August 6-10 (Mon-Fri) OPEN
August 13-17 (Mon-Fri) OPEN
August 20-24 (Mon-Fri) OPEN
- Location: 7350 Shenandoah Ave, Annandale, VA 22003
- Price: $1475 per student.
Summer Camp Coursework
Application writing takes place from 8:30am-4pm with an hour lunch break and an interview skills class in the morning.
- The character traits colleges are most interested in.
- Interviewing techniques and practice.
- How to refine your “message” about who you are.
- How to showcase your extra-curricular activities
- Writing essays that will intrigue the reader.
- …and more!
Interview Workshop by 360° Speaking
Charlotte Graham, our voice coach, trained (MA Voice Studies) at the University of London’s famed Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. She helps each student build confidence and learn how to make a warm and positive first impression.
- New this year! There will be two homework assignments and feedback given in July.
- Monday 8:30am – 9pm | Stay for BBQ dinner and campfire; get to know your fellow campers.
- Monday 7:30pm – 9pm | Parent meeting. Hear about our program and ask questions.
- Tuesday 8:30am – 4pm
- Wednesday 8:30am – 4pm
- Thursday 8:30am – 4pm
- Friday 8:30am – 4pm
…want more? Fall Packages