This class and the individual consultations prepare students for the TJ essay and SIS (Student Information Sheet) writing exam to be administered on February 8, 2020. Enjoy being confident and prepared! I am very happy to report that all of the students in the 2019 class were offered admission to TJ — good work everyone!Please click here to Register and Pay for TJ Test Essay Writing (intended for students applying for admission for Fall 2020)
- Weekend sessions in 2020: Saturday January 4 9am – 11am, Saturday January 18 9am – 11am, and Sunday February 2 1pm – 3 pm.
- PLUS: two one-hour private face-to-face consultations individually scheduled
- Individual consultations are by appointment at 4pm, 5pm, or 6pm during the two-week period January 6 – January 17, 2020.
- Once I receive your registration and payment, I will contact you to schedule the individual appointment times.
- Location: Annandale, Virginia
- Price: $695 includes three-class package (six total hours instruction) and two private one-hour consultations.
Students identify their STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) strengths, identify their character strengths, and solidify a vision of their future success. During the third session, students will practice outlining essays under test conditions. Following practice sessions writing the TJ SIS and essays, students will receive writing instruction and editing suggestions.
In this class, we strive to (1) strengthen the students’ writing, and (2) to brainstorm until students have enough personal anecdotes to support the proposition that they will be superb TJ students. This second objective increases student confidence and purpose no matter where they end up studying in high school.
Click the green button above to register and pay for this class.
Taught by Dr. Nancy Levonian, with editing support from professional editors.