- Dates: 3 Saturday morning classes – January 5th, 19th and February 2nd, 2019 (9am – 11am) PLUS 2 one-hour private face-to-face consultations individually scheduled
- Class 1: January 5th, 2019 (9am – 11am) – Class (with homework)
- Class 2: January 19th, 2019 (9am – 11am) – Class (with MORE homework)
- Individual: January 21-January 31, 2018 – 2 one-hour private consultations (4pm, 5pm, or 6pm). Once your registration and payment is received, I will contact you to schedule your appointment times.
- Class 3: February 2, 2019 (9am – 11am) – Practice outlining essays under test conditions.
- February 9, 2019 – Essay/SIS Administration Day Enjoy being confident and prepared!
- Location: 7350 Shenandoah Ave, Annandale, VA 22003
- Price: $695 Includes 3-class package (six total hours instruction) and 2 private one-hour consultations. (Click teal registration button above to register and pay.)
This class and the individual consultations prepare students for the TJ essay and SIS (Student Information Sheet) writing exam. Students identify their STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) strengths, identify their character strengths, and solidify a vision of their future success. After practice writing the TJ SIS and essays, students receive writing instruction and editing suggestions.
In this class, we strive to (1) strengthen the students’ writing, and (2) to brainstorm until students have enough personal anecdotes to support the proposition that they will be superb TJ students. This second objective increases student confidence and purpose no matter where they end up studying in high school.
Taught by Dr. Nancy Levonian; editing support with professional editors.