This class and the associated individual consultations prepare students for the TJ essay and SIS (Student Information Sheet) writing exam to be administered on February 13, 2021. Enjoy being confident and prepared! I am very happy to report that, as in the prior year, all of the students who finished the 2020 class were offered admission to TJ!
- Weekend class meetings in 2021: 9am – 11am Saturdays, January 9, January 23, and February 6.
- PLUS: two one-hour private consultations individually scheduled
- Individual consultations are by appointment at either 4pm, 5pm, or 6pm during the two weeks between our January 23 and February 6 class meetings.
- Once we receive your registration and payment, we will contact you to schedule individual appointment times.
- Location: Online via Zoom, until in-person meetings are again safe!
- Price: $695 includes three-class package (six total hours instruction) and two private one-hour consultations.
In this class, we strive to (1) strengthen the students’ writing, and (2) brainstorm until students have enough personal anecdotes to support the proposition that they will be superb TJ students. This second objective increases student confidence and purpose no matter where they end up attending high school. The course is taught by Dr. Nancy Levonian, with editing support from professional editors.
Students identify their STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) strengths, identify their character strengths, and solidify a vision of their future success. During the third session, students will practice outlining essays under test conditions. Following practice sessions writing the TJ SIS and essays, students will receive writing instruction and editing suggestions.
Click the green button above to register and pay for this class.