Our summer camp for rising high school seniors is a focused yet relaxed way to write a superb college application. Finish your application during one week this summer and face the fall college application process feeling on top of things and in control! Learn how to put your best foot forward, and how to avoid the “red flags” that can ruin an otherwise stellar application. We discuss how to speak to admissions officers’ hearts, and we teach you how to edit your own essays. We strictly limit the number of students each week so that you will get feedback on everything you write. There is homework, and you definitely need a laptop!
We have an incredible 2:1 student to staff ratio! Nancy Levonian is the lead teacher. Our team of editors work with students to brainstorm ideas, then help students edit and refine their essays to put their unique strengths on full display. Coaching on college interviewing is available for an additional fee, with sessions held at the end of each day of camp.
Weekly attendance is strictly limited to ensure a truly personalized and productive experience. Our camp weeks fill up quickly, so don’t wait too long to sign up!
- Location: Annandale, Virginia
- Price: $2495 per student (20% discount from full price for siblings of past summer camp students!). Price includes lunch and snacks each day, and dinner on Monday.
|1||July 29 – August 2||Space Available|
|2||August 5 – 9||Space Available|
|3||August 12 – 16||Space Available|
|4||August 19 – 23||Space Available|
Hear what people say about “Crafting Your College Application”…
Summer Camp Curriculum
- The character traits colleges are most interested in.
- Who college admissions officers are, and how they make decisions.
- How to refine your “message” about who you are.
- How to showcase your extra-curricular activities.
- Writing essays that will intrigue the reader.
- …and more!
Each camp runs for five consecutive days (Monday – Friday). We begin at 8:30am each day, and normally end at 4pm (although Friday often finishes a little earlier). On Monday evening, weather permitting, we end the day at 8pm after dinner and a time to get to know your fellow campers and brainstorm college essay ideas around an evening campfire!