Our summer camp, for rising seniors, is a focused yet relaxed way to write a superb college application. Finish your application during one week in August and face the college application process feeling on top of things and in-control. Learn how to put your best foot forward, and how to avoid “red flags” that can ruin an otherwise stellar application. We discuss how to speak to admissions officers’ hearts, and we teach you how to edit your own essays. I limit the camp to eight students, and you will get feedback on everything you write. There is homework.
In the past, our camp weeks have filled up early! Because of the school schedule, there are only four weeks of camp in 2019 rather than five. In addition, we are strictly limiting each week of camp to 8 students for a comfortable, highly individualized experience. Sign up now if you would like to be on our list.
We have an incredible 2:1 student to instructor ratio! Nancy Levonian is the lead teacher. Stacey Ipsan, our lead editor, and our team of two assistant editors help students brainstorm or assist students with editing their essays. Charlotte Graham of 360 Degree Speaking teaches our Interviewing Techniques class.
Camp is five days (Monday – Friday).
2019 Dates Status
July 29 – August 2 (Mon-Fri) OPEN
August 5-9 (Mon-Fri) FULL
August 12-16 (Mon-Fri) FULL
August 19-23 (Mon-Fri) One Space Now Available!
- Location: 7350 Shenandoah Ave, Annandale, VA 22003
- Price: $2165 per student.
Summer Camp Coursework
- The character traits colleges are most interested in.
- Interviewing techniques and practice.
- How to refine your “message” about who you are.
- How to showcase your extra-curricular activities
- Writing essays that will intrigue the reader.
- …and more!
Interview Workshop by 360° Speaking
Charlotte Graham, our voice coach, trained (MA Voice Studies) at the University of London’s famed Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. She helps each student build confidence and learn how to make a warm and positive first impression.
- We give two homework assignments and feedback in July.
- Monday 8:30am – 9pm | Stay for BBQ dinner and campfire; get to know your fellow campers.
- Monday 8:00pm – 9pm | Parent meeting. Hear about our program and ask questions.
- Tuesday 8:30am – 4pm
- Wednesday 8:30am – 4pm
- Thursday 8:30am – 4pm
- Friday 8:30am – 4pm
…want more? Fall Packages