This class and the associated individual consultations prepare students to write the Student Portrait Sheet (SPS) and problem-solving essay for admission to Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJ). Enjoy being confident and prepared!
- Weekend class meetings in 2021-2022: 1pm-3pm on Sunday December 19, January 2, and January 16
- PLUS: two one-hour private consultations individually scheduled
- Individual consultations are by appointment at either 4pm, 5pm, or 6pm on a weekday during the two weeks between our January 2 and January 16 class meetings.
- Once we receive your registration and payment, we will contact you to schedule individual appointment times.
- Location: In person at our Annandale location, with Zoom as a fall-back if COVID developments make in-person meetings unsafe at that time
- Price: $695 includes three-class package (six total hours instruction) and two private one-hour consultations.
In this class, we strive to (1) strengthen the students’ writing, and (2) brainstorm until students have enough personal anecdotes to support the proposition that they will be superb TJ students. This second objective increases student confidence and purpose no matter where they end up attending high school. The course is taught by Dr. Nancy Levonian, with editing support from professional editors.
Students identify their STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) strengths, identify their character strengths, and solidify a vision of their future success. During the third session, students will practice outlining essays under test conditions. Following practice sessions writing the TJ SPS and problem-solving essay, students will receive writing instruction and editing suggestions.
Click the green button above to register and pay for this class.